NJ - Elizabeth (07202)
As the Administrative nursing supervisor, you are responsible for the provision of managerial and clinical oversight for the acute care site. This role includes:
• Assessment of patient care requirements on each unit, by making rounds in the Emergency Department (ED), and all other areas of the hospital.
• Assess the acuity of care required for patients and implement staffing plans for the shift based on patient acuity, patient census and available staff.
• Serve as a resource to staff for solving clinical problems.
• Assist staff to efficiently utilize staffing resources to meet patient care requirements and other professional responsibilities.
• Provide for immediate follow-up, documentation and communication of incidents to appropriate manager and director.
• Respond to emergency situations (RRT, Code Blue) and assists as necessary.
• Act as a resource in identifying and/or solving administrative/operational problems.
• Anticipate actual/potential problems that may occur on their shift and sets shift priorities accordingly.
• Work collaboratively with nursing and ancillary staff to solve problems in a fair, consistent manner.
• Provide support, guidance and feedback to staff:
• Facilitate staff attendance at staff development sessions, offered during their shift.
Current New Jersey Registered Nurse License. Graduate of or advanced matriculation in a baccalaureate degree in nursing program. Ability to perform all competencies of the position is required for employment in the position. A minimum of four years progressive nursing experience in a medical/surgical nursing. Additional clinical experience in a specialty area is desirable. Participation in the management and direction of a nursing area. Evidence of professional leadership and organizational skills needed to manage a nursing unit.