Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Sterile Processing department daily management and oversight
• Plans, organizes and monitors quality of work
• Provides leadership and directs the development for leadership and staff in the oversight for decontamination, HLD, preparing, sterilization, storing, and distributing instrumentation, equipment for patient care through-out the organization
• Creation, review and implementation of Policies and Procedures as pertain to regulatory standards, i.e CDC, OSHA, AAMI, CMS, JC, etc.
• Performance Improvement data collection and reporting
• Measure departments workload and through-put to determine effective staffing, productivity and required equipment for accurate, sterile and on-time delivery of product
• Reviews staffing/resources to meet peak demand – Hires and discipline as required
• Provides staff development, including competency and staff education
• Working knowledge and oversight of annual operational expense Budget
• Reports to the Perioperative Director
• Attends Hospital Committees - Member and reports to the Infection Control committee
CHL certification is a requirement for this position. Must have current CRCST. Must maintain certification through employment in Sterile Processing and continuing educational units as needed. Must demonstrate ability in written and oral communication and interpersonal skills. Must have a minimum of five years Sterile Processing experience. Prior supervisory experience required. Thorough knowledge of Sterile Processing a must.