NJ - Elizabeth (07202)
The CME/Student Coordinator with the guidance of the Administrative Director of GME/CME coordinates the CME and medical student programs.
- Assure compliance with the Medical Society of New Jersey’s CME accreditation program.
- Manages the accreditation process, completing the survey application and accompanying documentation.
- Assesses physicians’ needs for continuing education based on periodic surveys, committee meetings, physician requests, risk management and quality management data and post-activity evaluation responses
- Oversees planning activities to include course objectives, focus audience, selection and scheduling of speakers, honoraria, contact with commercial supporters and audiovisual needs, educational funding for activities
- Collaborates with departmental representatives to ensure they adhere to current program guidelines.
- Maintains all CME lecture files to ensure that all elements are compliant with current policies and guidelines.
- Maintains records of physicians CME credits and distributes letters on a semiannual basis and by request of the physician.
- Coordinates the activity onsite to ensure all support elements are in place, the attendance is recorded and evaluations documented. Acts as general troubleshooter for the event.
- Accounts for funds accumulated by registration fees and educational grants and ensures prompt payment of all accounts. Apprises the CME Committee and Administration periodically of budget management issues.
- Coordinates CME Committee meetings to ensure all information is available and writes minutes to support program needs.
- Maintains CME web-link by updating weekly/monthly schedules along with other program information.
- Coordinates rotations for all medical students and PA’s for all departments at the hospital to include: Schedule, Assignments, Notifications, evaluations, lectures etc.
Strong organizational and time management skills is needed for this position.
College background in education or business preferred. Strong written and oral communication skills preferred. Shows initiative, able to work independently. Interacts well with physicians, administrators and peers. Proficiency in Microsoft WORD, email, internet and other applications. Three years administrative experience preferred.