Director- Case Management Services
NJ - Elizabeth (07202)
The Director is responsible for the daily operations of the Case Management Department including physician advisors, case managers, social workers and administrative assistants. Maintains focus forward behaviors to assure care coordination of inpatients through daily multidisciplinary rounds. Actively works with staff to maximize levels of care and throughput. Develops strong relationships with community agencies and regulatory bodies to facilitate patient discharge to appropriate level of care. Collaborates with finance colleagues to assure appropriate reimbursement through ongoing level of care assessment.
Individuals in this role must also possess comprehensive knowledge of the healthcare industry, familiarity with government regulations on healthcare plans, strategic planning skills and an understanding of the operations of a healthcare organization.
- Strong track record of assuring quality patient care in a cost effective manner; improving patient throughput; and avoiding denials and re-admissions
- Fluency in the compliance and regulatory standards governing health plans and patient care
- Strong relationships with finance colleagues, community agencies and health plan regulators
- Excellent critical-thinking, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to lead and motivate others
- Strong self-initiative and interpersonal communication skills