Director - Emergency Room
NJ - Elizabeth (07202)
Trinitas Emergency Department is one of the busiest in the state with more than 73,000 emergency visits annually. Our newly renovated Emergency Room has a total of 45 treatment rooms with separate treatment areas for families, children and seniors.
The Director of our 45 bed Emergency Department is responsible and accountable to the Vice President, Special Operations for the overall operation of the Emergency Department. Directs the assistant nurse managers, nurse educator and other management staff. Ensures the development, implementation and evaluation of policies, programs and services that are evidence-based and consistent with professional standards and values. Accountable for measurement, assessment and improvement in nurse-sensitive patient and organizational outcomes, as well as the support of a professional nursing practice environment in which nurses are empowered to provide efficient, effective, safe, compassionate quality care. Is accountable to ensure the competence of registered nurses and their ongoing professional growth and development.
Collaborates in the organization wide healthcare delivery system and process design. Works collaboratively with physicians, and other department heads to assure compliance with professional and regulatory standards of care and practice.
Communication with external contacts involves providing service to resolve serious complaints, maintain key relationships, make significant adjustments, handle high profile meetings or deal with similar sensitive relations. Is accountable for employee selection/termination, performance reviews, salary decisions, and managing budgeted expenses.
- Masters degree in nursing, management or related field required. Current licensure as a registered nurse in the State of New Jersey or able to attain.
- At least 3-5 years progressive nursing management experience with demonstrated leadership ability required
- Previous experience in Emergency Department
- Experience with performance improvement outcomes management and Service Excellence methods.
- Knowledge of current health care environment.
- Strong working knowledge of nursing standards, Joint Commission standards, performance improvement methodology, service excellence, financial management, models of patient care, and professional practice.