NJ - Elizabeth (07202)
The Plant Operations department maintains the physical environment of the hospital buildings and grounds, and provides related services to support each HCA facility in reaching its commitment to the care and improvement of human life.
The job of an operations engineer is to make sure a company's operations, such as:
1. Tests boilers and cooling tower water samples as required and adds proper chemical treatment to water as need is indicated in tests.
2. Operates and maintains boilers, observes various meters, gauges and control equipment and takes appropriate action for safe and efficient operation
3. Performs periodic inspections of boiler room to ensure proper operation of heating, cooling, ventilation and utility equipment..
4. Cleans and prepares all boilers for the annual inspection.
5. Performs a variety of preventative maintenance tasks on all boiler room equipment including but not limited to: boiler work, HVAC equipment maintenance, chiller tube work etc., as assigned.
6. Follows established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, safety and quality assurance standards.
High School Diploma or Equivalent; Valid New Jersey Drivers License; Stationary Engineer License (Blue Seal). 1 year experience in blue seal; Healthcare experience preferred.