Infection Control Practioner
NJ - Elizabeth (07202)
- New Jersey licensed Registered Nurse with a minimum of BSN degree from an accredited school and 3-5 years RN experience in an acute care setting.
- Infection Control/Prevention experience and CIC certified preferred or expectation to sit for CIC certification within 2 years of working as a Preventionist and maintain certification ongoing.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required in order to work and communicate effectively in an interdisciplinary team and alone.
- Ability to develop and present educational programs.
- In order to implement the Hospital wide Infection Prevention Program should have knowledge of data collection techniques. Responsibilities include among other functions, the identification, investigation, reporting, prevention and control of hospital acquired infections among patients, staff and guests.
- Ideal candidate will have knowledge of CDC Guidelines, Joint Commission standards, federal and state regulations.
- Reports to the Director of Performance Improvement and Infection Prevention.
Current Licensed New Jersey Professional Registered Nurse or Baccalaureate Degree in a related field (biology, Medical Technology, etc) required; Certification in Infection Control preferred. Previous applicable experience with Infection Control required for the position.