LSW - EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT PART TIME 24 HOUR PER WEEK
NJ - Elizabeth (07202)
As the LSW for our Emergency Department, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Working collaboratively with the ED multidisciplinary team to ensure safe, timely and cost effective discharge planning.
- Assesses and meets the needs of patient and families in the ED.
- Provides assistance in connecting patients and families to the necessary services.
- Utilizes resources of public agencies and community organizations to meet patients’ need.
- Provides psychosocial support and crisis intervention to patients and families
This position is a Monday - Wednesday - Friday 9am- 5pm
- New Jersey Licensed Social Worker in good standing required. Ability to perform all listed competencies required.
Work Experience Required
- Previous experience as a LSW in a hospital strongly preferred.
- A demonstrated understanding of quality improvement and the ability to manage change
- Computer literacy skills