Medical Lab Assistant (Part Time)
NJ - Elizabeth (07202)
A Medical Lab Assistant at Trinitas:
- Performs various computer functions such as entering patient demographics, accessioning specimens, results retrieval, and ordering accurately.
- Performs venipuncture/blood collection as needed.
- Ensures proper specimen identity prior to testing.
- Determines specimen suitability for testing according to appropriate policies and procedures.
- Prioritizes work to give prompt attention to stat and expedite specimens as well as those requiring special handling.
- Consistently employs Universal Precautions through all phases of specimen handling, processing, testing and disposal.
- Successfully operates and maintains equipment and instrumentation in good working order.
- Maintains an appropriate inventory of supplies at all times.
High School diploma or general education degree (GED). One to two years related training/experience. Phlebotomy experience required.