Peer Support Associate
NJ - Elizabeth (07206)
- Visits to IOP clients, as assigned, to provide social support, encouragement and companionship.
- Assists with telephone advocacy for needed services.
- Provides outreach services to patients who have missed appointments
- Accompanies clients to community appointments as assigned and reports back to team on what transpired.
- Assists clients in following through with discharge plans through periodic telephone contacts and/or home visits.
- Facilitates peer support groups for IOP patients
Associate's degree in human service field is desired. Valid state driver's license in good standing required. Completion of Consumer Connections training strongly desired. Experience as a consumer of mental health services with an understanding of the mental health and community service system strongly preferred.