Performance Improvement Coordinator
NJ - Elizabeth (07202)
In this role, you will coordinate performance improvement activities according to the Trinitas Hospital Performance Improvement Plan
Some of the core competencies and responsibilities include:
- Implements PI activities according to the PDCA cycle, educating and coaching staff, manager and physicians in its use.
- Monitors and facilitates action plans for PI initiatives and maintains Medical Staff report cards.
- Serves as the Performance Improvement representative at assigned Medical Staff Departments meetings during PI discussion and prepares PI agenda
- Oversees mortality review process for assigned Medical Staff departments.
- Maintains Performance Improvement trending for credentialing purposes for assigned Medical Staff departments.
- Monitors and facilitates action plans for PI initiatives and oversees the maintenance of Clinical Departments/ Nursing Units report cards.
- Guides assigned Clinical Departments/ Nursing Units and Medical Staff departments in identifying PI Priorities based on Trinitas Hospital’s Strategic PI Priorities.
- Facilitates or assists teams such as Survey Readiness Teams, Core measures teams, etc.
- Serves as chair or member of assigned Survey Readiness Teams.
- Under the direction of the Director of PI and the Director Risk Management ensures compliance with Trinitas Hospital Risk Management Program including review of incident reports, Safe Medical Device Act, leading Sentinel events review teams, investigation.
- Investigates, reviews medical records and develops the timeline in preparation for root cause analysis meetings for sentinel, critical and reportable events.
- Investigates, reviews medical records and develops response and trending reports regarding any clinical complaints or grievances from quality referrals.
- Assists the Director of PI and the hospital team in preparation, coordination and response to accreditation and regulator agency visits or surveys.
- Keeps the Director of PI informed of all important quality issues under investigation and all committee or work group processes which may impact others in the organization.
Bachelor's degree in healthcare required, with a clinical focus is preferred. In lieu of a bachelors in healthcare, a Licensed Practical Nurse with related hospital experience will be considered. Examples of acceptable degrees would be; Nursing, Pharmacy or RHIA (Registered Health Information Administrator. Computer literate, 2+ years in quality management/performance improvement and medical staff office experience highly desirable.