NJ - Elizabeth (07206)
The role of the Program Assistant will facilitate various activities that promote physical activity, healthy eating and nutrition, positive personal development and wellness; and to engage and support elementary and primary school aged children and families in our community. Under the direction of the Program Leader, the Program Assistant provides operational and administrative assistance to the Program Leader and Program Staff, performs a variety of administrative, coordination and logistical services in support of the operations of the Program, and assists with information management
- Working under the supervision of the After School Program Supervisor the Program Assistant will instruct and participate in a variety of physical activities aimed at engaging students in fun, recreational and lifelong learning objectives.
- Supervise children attending the program and promote safety and respect amongst all participants.
- Ensure a friendly and supportive atmosphere is maintained by developing appropriate strategies to support children in managing their behavior.
- Respond to the individual needs of children and establish stable and consistent relationships with each child and their families/caregivers.
- Liaise sensitively with parents on matters concerning their children while maintaining confidentiality.
- Ensure that the health and safety needs of the children are met and all health and safety issues are dealt with immediately and appropriately
B.A. or B.S. in psychology or social work. In lieu of degree, five years clinical experience with children/adolescent population. New Jersey valid drivers license in good standing.