RN - 12 Hour Shift - Med/Surg Float Pool: FT 7p-7:30 a (3)
NJ - Elizabeth (07202)
As a RN, you will:
- float to a variety of Med/Surg units, Telemetry and Oncology units.
- Apply nursing and scientific principles to thoroughly assess patients on a continuous basis.
- Assess patient’s potential for wellness and response to various treatment strategies.
- Review charts and incorporate findings of other disciplines to facilitate plan of care and enhance outcome.
- Utilize recognized standards to evaluate the effectiveness of nursing care.
- Re-evaluate and modify plan of care to consistently meet appropriate level of care.
- Document relevant patient assessment and care information every shift.
- Promote and implement the concept of patient and family-centered care.
- Notify the physician of laboratory results, radiological findings, and significant alteration in patient status.
- Manage the care of the pre and post operative/procedural patient according to hospital policies and standards of care.
- Respond to patients’ needs in a timely manner.
- Implement accurately the medical plan of care according to identified treatment priorities.
- Delegate appropriately and ensures completion of task.
- Demonstrate knowledge in pain assessment and implements appropriate strategies for pain management.
- Apply restraints in clinically justified situations, monitors patients, and documents according to policy and procedure.
- Understand and incorporate cultural diversity into all aspects of patient care.
- Recognize and respond to patient emergencies. Verifies accuracy of transcription of physician orders.
Current New Jersey Professional Nurse License; Ability to perform all competencies of the position is required for employment in the position. 2 years prior RN experience.